See the following YouTube link for the recorded Plastic Contamination Prevention Seminar: https://youtu.be/GeFBzgbMO4k.
Subjects include (timestamps shown for speaker sections):
- 4:00 Overview of Plastics Contamination on the Cotton Industry
- Jeff Nunley, Executive Director, South Texas Cotton and Grain Association
- 16:30 Short and Long-Term Cost and Marketing Implications
- Dr. John Robinson, AgriLife Cotton Economist, College Station
- 33:35 Resources and Best Practices available to Growers and Ginners
- Dr. Bill Norman, Vice President – Technical Services, National Cotton Council
- 1:15:00 Corpus Christi Cotton Classing Office Observations
- Ben Robles, Area Director, USDA-AMS Cotton and Tobacco Program
- 1:40:00 Panel Discussion
- Marvin Beyer, San Patricio Cotton Grower
- Jimmy Dodson, Nueces County Cotton Grower
- Norlan Sapp, Tama USA, Inc.
- Tony Williams, Texas Cotton Ginners Association
In addition, Dr. Bill Norman’s presentation on Resources and Best Practices Available to Growers and Ginners can be found here.