AUSTIN, TX – Jon W. “Jay” Hardwick, a producer from Newellton, LA, was re-elected chairman of the American Cotton Producers (ACP) of the National Cotton Council (NCC) for 2007 during the NCC’s annual meeting here on Feb. 1-5.
Re-elected as vice chairmen were Chuck Coley, Vienna, GA; Clyde T. Sharp, Roll, AZ; and Danny Davis, Elk City, OK.
Re-elected as regional directors for the ACP are: Sam R. Spruell, Mount Hope, AL; Bowen Flowers, Tunica, MS, representing the Mid-South; Don Cameron, Helm, CA, representing the West; and Rickey L. Bearden, Plains, TX, representing the Southwest.
Elected state producer chairmen for the ACP were: Alabama
– Charles Speake, Eufaula, and Mike Tate, Huntsville; Arizona
– Paco Ollerton, Casa Grande, and Greg Wuertz, Casa Grande; Arkansas
– Herrick F. Norcross III, Tyronza; California
– Greg F. Palla, Bakersfield, and Tom Teixeira, Dos Palos; Florida
– B. E. “Sonny” Davis, Cottondale; Georgia
– Chuck Lee, Pembroke, and Ronald C. Lee, Bronwood; Kansas
– Robert H. Miller, Wellington; Louisiana
– Boyd Holley, Bastrop, and Thomas A. Parker, Lake Providence; Mississippi
– Lawrence Long, Indianola; Missouri/Illinois
– Charles H. Parker, Senath, MO; New Mexico
– Martin K. Sweetser, Deming; North Carolina
– David M. Dunlow, Gaston, and Taylor Slade, Williamston; Oklahoma
– Danny Robbins, Altus; South Carolina
– Roy Baxley, Dillon, and Frank B. Rogers III, Bennettsville; Tennessee/Kentucky
– Hedrick Shoaf, Medina; Texas
– James F. Dodson, Robstown, and Michael J. Alexander, Colorado City; and Virginia
– Larry Darden, Carrsville.